was good. I loved this year. I grew a lot as a person and I’m really happy. I think 2009 might have been slightly happier but this year involved a lot of growth…wait no, fuck that, I was still at Bronx Science for part of 2009 so no, never mind. Wow 2010 was the happiest year of my life so far. Ever new year ends up being the happiest year. This year was hard, emotionally. But I’m so thankful for that, because I grew so so much. I realized how blessed I am. I am so much closer to becoming an adult (which I don’t know if that’s good or bad?). I learned a lot more about myself. And I think I’m closer to knowing what I want to do with my life. And I know what I have to do with my life to make it better. Just, wow what a year. And it’s almost done? Wow.
(in no specific order)
1. Started *******
2. I should have been kinder to my family when I was younger
3. Stopped reading as much as I did when I was younger
4. Bleached my hair…
5. Allowed certain things to get to the places they are now
6. Spoken at times
1. The future
2. Future husband
3. Future kids
4. What do I want to do with my life?
5. Things I should be doing
6. Things I want to do with my room
7. Things I want to buy
8. Give me back rubs
7. Don’t take yourself too seriously
6. Be cultured (especially when it comes to music and books!)
5. Be empathetic and compassionate
4. Have many facets
3. Teach me
2. Make me laugh
1. Make me think
Or at least that’s what someone wrote on my windowsill….
So I’m cleaning my room, like hardcore cleaning. I dug an old rusty can of Pledge from a dusty bin in the garage that’s how dedicated I am to cleaning. So dedicated that I’m listening to Stanky Leg by G-Spot Boyz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewufRwrayTI) and pretending I’m Cinderalla becawuse the only way I can get myself to clean is by pretending I’m in a ghetto fab fairytale.
And I see the following scrawled in grey marker on my windowsill: “There is a dead body in this house”. Here is proof:
I’m not good with technology so you can tilt your head if you wanna see it. It says “dead body”. I can’t take photos, especially with my crappy enV 3 so forgive me for only being able to capture a part of it. But it says that. You can ask my dad and broski for proof because I yelled at them to run to my room.
And they walked (didn’t run, they didn’t think it was urgent) read it, laughed at me and told me to get back to cleaning because my room looked like a war zone.
When we all die because the owner of the dead body decides to come back in spirit form and eat us all, I’ll be screaming from the dead that I told them so.
- All of Harry Potter by JK Rowling again!
- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Looking For Alaska by John Green
- Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
- One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- The Autism Prophecies by William Stillman
- Letters To A Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
- The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Radioactive: Marie and Pierre Curie, A Tale Of Love And Fallout by Lauren Redniss
- Naked Lunch by William Burroughs
So much more… this will be updated as time goes by
9. Music is my medicine, catharsis, energizer, addiction, outlet, boyfriend, beach house.
8. I made a tumblr partially for my future kids, so that they will know a piece of me in my youth.
7. My knees bump together when I walk.
6. I’m incredibly vain, selfish, cruel, and lazy.
5. I have constantly sweaty hands.
4. I’m going to be in kollej for over 5 and a half years because I’m majoring in three things: psychology, sociology, and linguistics (and minoring in women’s studies).
3. I don’t know if I believe in God anymore.
2. I love my dad more than anyone in the world and I’m really very lucky to have such a cool father, especially for an Indian girl.
1. I’m very impatient and very blessed.
Um, I did this last week. So here’s the song lyric version:
1. Maybe next lifetime. I guess I’ll see you next lifetime, no hard feelings? [we’d get along then]
2. I could be your one and only sunshine lady. [let’sss do it?]
3. I only say it ‘cause I care, so can you please stop pulling my hair? [yurppp]
4. Why you trippin’ I ain’t even do nothing? [chill yo]
5. I got a cute face, chubby waist, thick legs in shape, rump shaking both ways, make you do a double take! [keep hatinnnnnn, I will always be better than you]
6. You breakin’ my focus, boy you cute and you ballin’ [nalla moghummmm]
7. They’ll make a statue of us and later say it’s all our fault. [love you, miss you. you’re always number 1]
8. Teach me how to dougie? [and errythannn else. you so wise. well, when it comes to everything but yourself. sometimes.]
9. But how do you thank someone, who has taken you from crayons to perfume? It isn’t easy, but I’ll try. [<3]
10. I could transform ya, anything you want, I can, I can get it for ya [I can do it, I’d done it before!]